Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Blunkett U-turns

I don't often post on English politics but, in the words of Edmund Blackadder, David Blunkett's "twisty and turny ... like a twisty-turny thing", viz:
1st November, 19:04h : "I am not resigning" (here)
2nd November, 10:04h: Blunkett resigns (here).
 
Honestly, can you trust anything these guys tell you? It seems the only surefire way of telling whether one of these chaps is going to jump on his sword is .. if he swears blind he doesn't own one.
 
And if that was Blunkett's first time I might - just might - be tempted to go easy on him. But no, it's the second time he's had to resign for "unministerial conduct". He's a serial offender, for goodness' sake! Maybe Tony'll finally get the message now that, quite simply, this guy's not trustworthy.
 
Of course, he won't get the message because his ego won't allow it. Look at Peter Mandelson, another two-time resigner. Where is he now? He's only the UK's EU Commissioner, that's what.
 
I wish I got promoted every time I mess up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home