Monday, December 11, 2006

A Big fish

I'm not a fan of political bloggers posting pop videos because I go there to tune my views, not to view my tunes. That said, I'm going to relent this once because your life is not complete until you've heard Walter Trout.

Who? Unless you're a blues-rock afficionado the name will mean nothing. But blues critics rightly put him up there with Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Rory Gallagher, Howlin' Wolf and the rest of them, and he's my favourite artist by a factor so high it would make Deep Blue explode.

Delightfully, Walter tours. Not for him the leisurely life of an album every five years and a lot of swimming pools in between. Unfortunately he hasn't yet been booked for the Odyssey, but he tours Britain and the Netherlands twice a year. With Easyjet taking you to Amsterdam for little more than a bus fare, why are you still looking at your computer?

OK, let me make it worth your while. Here's Walter and the Band firing up at the Paradiso Club in Amsterdam in May 2003. Sit back and enjoy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home