Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Police Ombudsman's report

Going by the media reports and the governments' reactions, Nuala O'Loan's report is damning in the extreme, but I want to read it for myself. You can too.
 
I've reached Point 3 of the Executive Summary, and frankly I'm utterly appalled. The spelling is terrible: who ever heard of "anonomised"? It's "anonymised". And the plural of Assistant Chief Constable isn't Assistant Chief Constable's.
 
It's time to take the apostrophe out of Irish politics. More later.

8 Comments:

At 5:39 p.m., Blogger Chris Gaskin said...

and frankly I'm utterly appalled. The spelling is terrible

I think there is more to be appalled about than just their spelling.

Think about the families involved and then think if your flippant post adds anything.

So much for "thinking big"

Practise what you preach!

 
At 10:02 a.m., Blogger B.U. said...

I said 'more later'; that was a preliminary comment. And the comment, while tongue-in-cheek, was meant seriously. Public body spelling has gone right down the tubes.

So much for "thinking big"
Please rein in your aggressive tone. You won't catch me issuing blunt imperatives on Balrog.

 
At 11:52 a.m., Blogger Chris Gaskin said...

I call it as I see it, you should know that by now John.

With respects

 
At 2:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two of my latest comments have not been posted. My curiosity is piqued. Am I in error or persona non grata?

 
At 2:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems I'm in error.

 
At 8:37 a.m., Blogger B.U. said...

Bill, I don't censor any comments, so if there's a failure it's down to our friends at Blogger & co.

Chris, respect to you too. Vote the right way on Sunday!

 
At 1:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am consoled! I would hate to miss my favourite blog site.

 
At 4:35 p.m., Blogger B.U. said...

Thank you, Bill, that's very kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home