Wednesday, May 30, 2007

No apology necessary

Sinn Féin is demanding an apology from Ian Paisley Jnr for saying he is repulsed by homosexuals. That's a bit rich coming from a party that supported terrorist murder.

[ Update: Martin McGuinness has weighed in, saying "Gay rights are enshrined in legislation ..." . Legislation outlaws murder, Martin. When can we expect your statement expressing true remorse for the genocide wrought by the IRA of whom you said you were proud to be a member? ]

So what if Ian thinks that? He says he doesn't hate them, but he's describing the feeling he gets when considers the issue of gay people and, presumably, lesbians too.

I've known a few gay men in my time, though not in the Biblical sense. By and large they were pretty nice guys, but I too am repulsed by the thought of one man putting his penis in another man's bum. I make no apology for that. I don't think God designed us to have sex that way.

Friendship: yes. Brotherly love: yes. Buggery: no.

6 Comments:

At 12:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you god didnt intend for us to stick our dicks up men's holes etc, we won't be gay in the first place.

After all, we are his creations, if you chose to believe...

that is something for you to deal with when you go and speak to your God.

 
At 11:58 a.m., Blogger B.U. said...

if you god A promotion at last!
that is something for you to deal with when you go and speak to your God. I shall have a word with Him later about that.
After all, we are his creations Yes, and He loves you madly. And He wants better for you than sodomy. We live in n age where society teaches us not to rein in our urges. I'm sure He wants something better for me than to roger the female population of Enniskillen, so I don't do it.
if you god didnt intend for us to stick our dicks up men's holes etc, we won't be gay in the first place. Interesting logic! Thought of entering politics?

 
At 11:07 p.m., Blogger Chris Gaskin said...

He wants something better for me than to roger the female population of Enniskillen, so I don't do it.

From knowing quite a few Enniskillen ladies I'm not sure if that is so much God's wish as theirs ;)

 
At 9:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

John

I thought for a moment that this was part of your "Things that don't happen in Garvary" and that is the safest comment I can think to make ;o)

 
At 10:37 a.m., Blogger B.U. said...

Chris, I fear I may be referring to those girls' mums!
Aileen, indeed: I sincerely hope it doesn't happen in Garvary.

 
At 3:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we really to believe that Ian finds the act of 2 lesbians(good-looking ones of course lol) together repulsive!!!! That he wouldn't get a stiffie like the rest of us haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home